Interested in seeing Street Food legalized and thriving in Toronto? Have your say! Starting tomorrow there will be a series of public consultations hosted by staff from the City of Toronto’s Municipal Licensing and Standards Division.
- Monday October 21, 2013, 2:00pm to 4:00pm, Etobicoke Civic Centre, Council Chambers
- Tuesday October 22, 2013, 10:00am to 12:00pm, City Hall, Committee Room 3
- Tuesday October 22, 2013, 6:00pm to 8:00pm, City Hall, Committee Room 3
- Monday October 28, 2013, 10:00am to 12:00pm, Scarborough Civic Centre, Council Chambers
- Monday November 4, 2013, 2:00pm to 4:00 pm, North York Civic Centre, Council Chambers
- Tuesday November 5, 2013, 10:00am to 12:00pm, East York Civic Centre, Council Chambers
Some of the topics to be addressed include:
- maximum designated area that food carts may occupy on sidewalks
- minimum distance that street food vendors must maintain when operating near established restaurants
- role of Business Improvement Areas (BIAs) in the permit issuance process
- current moratorium on street food vending in the downtown area and limiting the number of vendor permits issued
- opportunities for vending on public property (city parks, public spaces, right-of-way)
- opportunities for vending on private property (parking lots)
- improved vending opportunities for mobile food vendors such as food trucks.
Check out this issue’s history and all City-related documents here